Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Guilty?

Who am I? What am I? What's consuming me?
It's this giant void of emotion, swirling around in my head-space and it is as if I just reach out and grab one (an emotion) by mere whim. It consumes me until its nauseating effect wears off, then I'm more raw than before. Left standing there, waiting for a easy, positive emotion to float past so I can quickly grab it and hold it tight to my chest.

I'd fold it deep into myself until all that is left of me is a shell. I'm broken beyond repair, hurriedly tumbling down the rabbit hole in a feeble chance at escape.
My head is turning, bright patterns- a sickening kaleidoscope flashing before my eyes, is this my life that is showcased before me? Or a twisted horror movie re-run to scare me further in this disdain purgatory?

Terrified thoughts of hitting the bottom with a bang keep me suspended in air for such a time that oxygen runs thin and I slip in and out of a conscious state of believing and not believing. Self preservation is lost, I ain't Daddy's little girl no more.
My safety net eaten away by moths and devil creatures in the night, and tell me what would you decide is my fate?
Keeper of my heart, drug of my soul and murderer of my mind, how do you plead?

No comments: